Over the past months Fashiolista has grown to be one of the largest fashion communities worldwide. Dividing attention between scaling the site and creating new features has been quite a challenge. We are looking for a very experienced django developer to join our team.
Fashiolista is best described as “twitter for fashion”. Girls follow each other’s fashion finds and indicate which items they love. We are funded by Atomico ventures and several high profile angel investors.
Why you will love working at Fashiolista
– Young team, startup culture
– Developers in the founding team
– The team has been working with Django for more than 4 years
– Modern stack (Django 1.3, postgres, redis, memcached, jquery, celery, solr, GIT)
– Learning culture
Did I mention we are located in the centre of Amsterdam?
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Django developer with experience in building highly scalable applications. Since our team is small, strong experience with Linux or Freebsd system administration would be a big plus.
- Experienced with Django and Python (> 3 years preferably)
- Knowledge of SQL and query optimization
- Test driven development
- Memcached and other caching techniques
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of FreeBSD or Linux system administration
- Redis/ NoSql experience
- SOLR experience
- Postgres Trigger experience
- Celery experience
- CS degree
For this position you need to be willing to work in The Netherlands/ Amsterdam. Furthermore the position is full time.
We are looking for someone with an excellent work attitude and considerable experience. It doesn’t matter if you are a student, cum laude graduate, or drop out, as long as you’re extremely passionate about what you do. You will be working in a startup and we expect your input on a wide range of challenges.
If you recognize yourself in the above description or would like more information please contact me at:
Share and Enjoy: